Many were told by their grandmothers that drinking a cup of fruit juice could keep the completion clear. The question is, is there any science to that? That subject came up in an interview with the Doctors who contribute to WebMD. It appears that fruits both eaten and applied to the skin are beneficial.
Here are a few fruits to add to your list of healthy fruit snacks that help with aging symptoms.
- Bananas are rich in vitamins B, E and A regenerating skin cells and restoring the elasticity of skin.
- Citrus is high in vitamin C which improves skin texture. You can also rub citrus peel on dark spots, blemishes and scars for it’s astringent and tightening properties.
- Apples prevent cell and tissue damage through elastin and collagen that help keep the skin supple. To make use of it on the outside of your skin, mash it up and combine it with oatmeal and honey.
- Mangos are rich in vitamin A and antioxidants, fighting against skin aging, regenerating skin cells and restoring the elasticity of skin.
- Papaya: Papaya is by far the miracle fruit for skin. The enzyme papain clears skin impurities and brings clarity to skin cells. This fruit is great as a healthy snack or mashed into a pulp and used as a scrub.