Acerola cherries are also known as the Barbados cherry, West Indian cherry, Semeruco, Cereza or the Cerisier. These berry fruits are small in shape and bright red in color. They contain high amounts of vitamin C of about 20 to 50 times much more than the orange fruit.
The acerola develops well and booms in tropical and sub-tropical climates. It not only possesses vitamin C but also has large amounts of vitamins A, B, and B5. They also have potassium, folate, calcium, magnesium, and phosphorus.
This kind of cherry is considered an antioxidant fruit for it is made up of anthocyanins and flavonoids. These elements are perfect for curing and fighting off anti-inflammatory ailments.
- helps prevent cancer
- fights off dysentery
- reduces and normalizes cholesterol levels
- restores the body tissues
- helps strengthen the immune system
- prevents diarrhea
- prevents dental and oral complications
- heals wounds and burns faster
- protects the liver
- eases constipation
- fights off various infections
- increases the body’s defense mechanism
- enriches the skin
- prevents hair loss
- reduces head aches
Have you seen health benefits from the Acerola Cherry? If so, please tell us about them by leaving a comment below!