This review was originally published on June 7, 2011.
I saw ALO, I think on TV or it was covered on some news program. I wanted to try it for the website, so I contacted them and asked for samples. They sent us their:
- ALO Exposed – original aloe vera
- ALO Awaken – wheatgrass and aloe vera
- ALO Allure – mangosteen, mango and aloe vera
- ALO Enrich – pomegranate, cranberry and aloe vera
- ALO Appeal – pomelo, pink grapefruit, lemon and aloe vera
- ALO Elated – brewed olive leaf tea and aloe vera
First up is their “Exposed” which is their original drink with honey.
This ALO drink blend is made with chunks of real Aloe pulp and juice straight from the Aloe Vera plant.
Ingredients include: Spring Water, Aloe Vera Pulp, Aloe Vera Juice, Cane Sugar, Honey, Citric Acid, Vitamin C (Asorbic Acid), Natural Grape Flavor
The benefits of drinking aloe vera juice include:
- essential amino acids
ALO Drinks are sold in two sizes:
- 16.9 oz (500 mL), suggested retail is $1.99
- also come in 50.7 oz (1.5L), suggested retail is $4.99
For the ALO Drink Exposed, 8 fl. oz contains:
- 60 Calories
- 45 mg of sodium
- 15 g of carbohydrate
- 13 g of Sugar
If you do not consume it all at once, then you want to refrigerate after opening it.
I LOVED THE TASTE OF THIS – tastes like a light, refreshing grape juice. I also liked the pulp from the aloe vera plant, as it wasn’t like citrus pulp – it was not as stringy.
Some of this aloe vera drink benefits include:
- All natural
- no preservatives
- No artifical coloring
- No artifical flavors
- Whole Foods
- Sunflower Market
- Walgreen’s in Northern California
- Central Market
Here is another video I shot during the review process:
Have you tried these drinks? Did you like them? Do you buy Alo drinks online? Where do you buy them and how much are they?