The cherry is one of the few antioxidant fruits that have the right combination of health and taste. It is very tasty and extremely healthy; it is a fruit for people of all ages. Regular consumption of cherries can have an amazingly positive impact on your health. Here are some of the health benefits:
- They are rich in quercetin, a flavonoid which has anti-carcinogenic properties, and can help prevent heart diseases to a great extent.
- They are a rich source of anthocyanins – a type of plant phytochemicals which have great anti inflammatory and antioxidant properties. If you are suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, diabetes, muscle pain, or gout, eating cherries will help you immensely. The anthocyanins found in cherries are very potent and can relieve inflammation to a great extent. In fact, it has been found out that the medicinal value of 20 cherries is nearly ten times as potent as aspirin.
- Amygdalin, a phenolic acid found in them, can help prevent cancer. When taken regularly, it can also reduce the size of tumors and can prevent cancer from spreading further. It can also reduce the risk of colon cancer and breast cancer to a significant extent.
- They contain boron which is good for the bones.
- They are rich in vitamin C. So, a regular intake of cherries can help boost your immune system.
- They are very low in fat and sodium and high in potassium. They also have a significant percentage of water. In other words, it is the ultimate weight loss fruit. Studies show that consuming fruits with high water content will help improve your metabolism and in turn help lose weight.
- Its juice is a wonderful antioxidant fruit drink. Drinking some of its juice before and after an intensive workout will help alleviate muscle pain.
- Cherries contain melatonin which is a very powerful antioxidant. It helps neutralize the free radicals which do a lot of damage to your body.
- Cherries are rich in magnesium, iron, folate, and fiber. A few spoonfuls of its juice concentrate or a serving of fresh or frozen cherries every day can improve your health amazingly well.
In general, it is good to consume fresh cherries rather than cherry flavored fruit juices. Also, you should know that when it comes to cherries, the darker the color, the higher the amount of antioxidants. So, eat cherries every day and stay healthy. Be sure to check out Antioxidant-fruits.com’s fresh cherry recipes as well.
Read and learn more about cherries, by visiting these pages on antioxidant-fruits.com!: