When you want to lose weight or put on some weight, bananas are the fruit you should always include in your diet. Bananas have low saturated fat but have high potassium content. Often eaten during dessert, other types of bananas are also used for cooking with soup and vegetable dishes.
To get your daily dose of bananas, you can create your own banana smoothie or shake! Your smoothie can become more tasty and rich when you add other fruits like strawberries, mangoes or watermelons. To keep thing healthful, you can add yogurt and brown sugar to sweeten and ice to blend it with.
If you’re interested in the calories in a banana, you can use the data below as reference:
- extra small (less than 6 inches long and weighs 2.9 oz) = 72 calories
- small (less than 7 inches and weighs 3.6 oz) = 90 calories
- medium (less than 8 inches and weighs 4.2 oz) = 105 calories
- large (less than 9 inches and weighs 4.8 oz) = 121 calories
- a cup of sliced bananas, 5.3 oz = 134 calories
- extra large (less than 10 inches and weighs 5.4 oz) = 135 calories
- a cup of mashed bananas, 7.9 oz = 200 calories
To help you burn off 200 calories, you can go for a walk for an hour, go jogging for 23 minutes or go swimming for 17 minutes! Antioxidant fruits are always good to have around for you to snack on instead of chips or fries. How else do you burn off your calories from fruit? We would love to know. Leave us your comments or send us a tweet @antioxifruits.