Have You Picked Peaches? Check Out These Fresh Peach Recipes
There is nothing better then using fresh peaches in your favorite recipe. Here are some great fresh peach recipes to keep you cooking well into fall.
Craving some new peach crisp recipes? Try these out:
Peach Crisp Recipe
- 2 1/2 pounds fresh peaches, peeled, pitted
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup soft butter
Preheat oven to 375F. Use a buttered or non-stick coated 8 inch pie dish.
Slice peeled, pitted peaches into the prepared baking dish. Sift together the flour, sugar, salt and cinnamon into a medium bowl. Using a pastry blender cut the butter into the flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse meal. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over peaches in baking dish. Bake at 375F for 45 to 50 minutes, until topping is golden brown and peaches are tender. Make sure to serve warm and add a bit of whipped cream for an extra sweet treat.
Is a peach schnapps recipe more what you are looking for? Take a look at this one good with any variety of fresh, ripe peaches:
Peach Schnapps Recipe
- Peel 12 medium size peaches (much easier to do if you dip in boiling water for about 30 seconds and then immediately stick in cool water.
- Remove pits and cut in fourths
- Put both the peaches and pits in a glass jar with tight-fitting lid.
- Cover with clear, unflavored, 80 proof vodka
- Let sit at room temperature in a dark area for 1-2 months shaking lightly and tasting every couple of weeks.
- Strain the mixture into a glass with tight-fitting lid.
- Store in a dark, room temperature place for at least 1 month before serving.
- Serve at room temperature, closing the bottle tightly between servings.
Peach Tart Recipe more your speed? Try this one for your next family get together and I am sure you will have many compliments:
Peach Tart Recipe
- 5 c. ripe, sliced fresh peaches
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 baked 5” tart shells
- 8 fresh peach slices
- 1 c. sugar
- 4 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- Whipped cream
Combine and let stand for 20 minutes peaches, sugar, and lemon juice. Drain 1 cup juice into a measuring cup (if juice does not equal 1 cup, fill the rest of the cup with water). Blend cornstarch into juice. Cook mixture until transparent and cool. Divide the fruit between the tart shells. Spoon the cold sauce over each tart to form a glaze and chill until set. Use the whipped cream and slices for a garnish. This makes 6 servings so adjust ingredients accordingly.If you are still looking for some great peach recipes like a recipe for peach pie or a fresh peach cobbler recipe try these sites: