Many people love to can fruit so they can enjoy it when it is not in season. If you are wondering how to can peaches follow these directions. There are many ways to can fruit and many people have their own ideas of how to do it. Being new to canning peaches, this is one of the easiest ways to do it.
Once your peaches are ripe, place them in a container and pour boiling water over them. Let the peaches stand in the water until their skins can be easily removed. After the skin has been removed cut in half to remove the pit. Place the peaches to the side to begin working on the syrup.
- In a large sauce pan bring 1 cup of sugar in 3 cups of water to a boil. Add the peaches and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- While your peaches are boiling put your canning jars and lids upside down in hot water on a burner. This will sterilize the jars and lids.
- Fill the hot jars to the neck with the peaches and syrup. Put on the lid and screw on a band.
Preserving peaches is not that hard to do and the reward of enjoying peaches even when they are out of season is incredible. One of the other great things about canning peaches is that you can use canned peaches in recipes all year round. For example this is an amazing:
Canned Peach Cobbler Recipe
- 1/2 cup melted margarine
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 4 (15 ounce) cans sliced peaches, drain the juice and save
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F
2. Pour the melted margarine into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish and set aside. In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar and baking powder. Stir in 1 cup of the juice from the peaches into the milk until smooth. Pour the batter into the bottom of the dish making sure that it is even. Do not stir. Spoon peaches over the top
3. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the top is golden.
More Peaches on Antioxidant-fruits.com