Dragon Fruit or pitaya is an antioxidant fruit that is known for its striking appearance and healthy benefits. Growing your own dragon fruit is fairly simple and straightforward. Depending on where you are located, your harvest cycles can be between 4 to 6 times in a year.
Here are 5 easy steps you can follow when you want to know how to grow dragon fruit plant from seeds or stem cuttings:
- Start by planting them on a soil mix that can be easily drained but on shallow placement. Keep them moist and add organic matter to enrich their growth.
- After 10 to 14 days, the seeds may sprout. You should transfer each of one to a separate pot or even spacing on your garden bed or planting site.
- Keep in mind not to over-water your dragon fruit plants.
- Make a support for your young plants by having a trellis on which they can cling to as they grow and mature.
- Continue keeping a moderate temperature for your dragon fruit plants. For seeds, it might take about 3 years for them to flower and bear fruit. For saplings, you may have to wait for about 9 months to a year.