Looking for a great recipe for peach salsa?
One of the great things about peaches is that they can be added to many everyday foods to add a new and exciting twist. Take for instance this peach salsa recipe. The peaches add a perfect bit of sweet to bite of the onions and peppers. Give it a try as a topping on grilled chicken or with your favorite tortilla chips.
- 1 pound (about 3 large) peaches
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 pound of Tomatoes (about 2)
- 6 large green onions
- 1 Tbsp jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 Tbsp cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 12 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 6 Tbsp sherry vinegar
- 2 Tbsp honey
- Place the peaches briefly in boiling water to loosen the skin and peel.
- Cut peaches into thin strips and toss with lemon juice
- Place the tomatoes into boiling water to loosen the skin, peel and remove skin.
- Cut in thin strips.
- Mix the peaches, tomato peppers and cilantro.
- Whisk together oil, vinegar and honey and pour over the peach mixture.
Still have more peaches left from your picking and not sure what to do with them? Or just interested in cooking some more with peaches? Check out some of these other salsa recipes, including a mango peach salsa recipe, a watermelon fire and ice salsa and a fresh tomato salsa: