Antioxidants provide an effective defense system in our bodies against free radicals that have been proven damaging to our arteries. Antioxidants are derived from fruits and vegetables which yield high in Vitamin C, B and E.
The food and oxygen we consume everyday are converted to energy during the process of oxidation. Chemical reactions occur during the process of oxidation and release harmful by-products as what we know now as free radicals. To get rid of them, antioxidant activity in organic fruits are needed.
Here are 5 of the best antioxidant fruits there are in the market:
1. The Berry Clan – the Maqui Berry, Raspberry, Blueberries, Blackberries and Strawberries are all high in Vitamin C and fiber. They have preventive properties against cell and tissue damage.
2. Banana – High in Potassium. Lowers the uric acid level and promotes blood circulation.
3. Kiwi – Contains Omega 3. It promotes healthy heart, better sleep and detoxification properties. Increases energy level and digestion.
4. Passion Fruit – source of Vitamin C and can effectively decrease high blood pressure.
5. Apples and Red grapes – Its cider promotes blood circulation and regulates blood pressure.
There are also other fruits out there that provides more than just antioxidants for you. Feel free to let us know what you think of these fruits and what other benefits you can cite from having them as part of your diet.