Antioxidants are very important for the body and as you get older they become even more important. We all know that antioxidants protect you from aging and from disease, so it would make sense to continue to eat them and maybe even more so as you age.
Studies have shown that antioxidants help in reducing the cell-damage of free radicals.
Here are some great reasons why you want to make sure you are getting your daily dose of antioxidants in your daily diet:
- reduces the risk of a heart attack
- prevents muscle and tissue degeneration
- reduces the risk of heart disease
- reduces the risk of diabetes
- reduces the risk of cancer
- reduces the risk of other health problems
- promotes the growth of healthy cells
- reduce the amount of fine lines and wrinkles in your skin
Some of the ways to get antioxidants into your body include:
- eating organic fruits and veggies
- eating legumes and beans
- taking an antioxidant supplement
Here is a list of 20 best fruits high in antioxidants.
8. Wild blueberry
9. Black currant
15. Kiwi fruit
19. Gala apples
How do you get your antioxidants? What other things are you doing to take charge of the aging process?
No matter what your age is, you want to eat antioxidants as much as possible because if you are eating foods rich in antioxidants, you are also maintaining a healthy diet. Because of course, foods that are not rich in antioxidants are bad for us anyway!