Eating the same foods over and over while dieting is not much incentive to make healthy eating a lifestyle, but with a Vitamix blender there are so many different ways to combine healthy foods into something new and delicious—for example, Vitamix ice cream for those who can’t quite give up sweets. For recipes like these, a Vitamix vs. a juicer is a better option—while juicers are great for pulling out lots of vitamins, a Vitamix lets you pack all sorts of healthy ingredients into snacks like ice cream, increasing your nutrient intake and keeping you fuller longer. If you are committed to a Vitamix diet, try some of these healthy ice cream recipes, each with different benefits for different dieting styles:
- Chocolate Ice Cream. Dieting doesn’t have to mean never enjoying the taste of chocolate again. Unsweetened cocoa powder gives this recipe an extra antioxidant boost, and you can tailor it to your tastes it by adding nuts, a few chocolate chips, or your favorite crunchy ingredient during the final few seconds of blending.
- Apple Pie Ice Cream. It is so easy to do a healthy version of this classic American dessert. Just blend apples, apple juice concentrate, low fat vanilla yogurt and some spices for flavor. Add a banana to sweeten the recipe even more.
- Fall Freeze. This perfect autumn desert has all the flavor of spiced pumpkin pie, with extra smoothness from a little bit of cream cheese.
- Mocha Mint Shake. Ice cream doesn’t have to just be for the summer. The warm mocha flavor and refreshing mint taste are a great treat even in the winter—especially if garnished with a festive piece of holiday candy.
NO SUGAR ADDED
- Pineapple Freeze. Pineapples have so much natural sweetness, who needs extra sugar? This ice cream, which involves only pineapples, tofu, and lime juice, also happens to be a great source of protein and iron.
- Brandy Alexander. If you like sweet, blended cocktails, this treat is a great way to satisfy your craving without going overboard on the sugar. Try it using nonfat chocolate ice cream or frozen yogurt.
- Green Apple Ice Cream. Just as with green smoothies, this ice cream recipe is a great way to sneak a few extra greens into your day. Apple juice concentrate and banana balance out the sweetness factor in this appetizing green treat.
- Coconut Rum Café. This unusual blend of coconut, pineapples, rum, and coffee can satisfy both your desire for a summer drink and a caffeine boost.
Try some of these healthy blended ice creams and don’t let your sweet tooth derail your diet!
You can buy the Vitamix 5300 online or peruse Vitamix accessories using the Vitamix Promotion Code “06-007152″ to GET FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ($25US/$35CN) with the use of this Vitamix coupon. If you already have a Vitamix, but it is starting to show a little wear and tear after years of use, you can have your Vitamix refurbished, or even order another affordable refurbished Vitamix.
***06-007152 – Vitamix Promo Code
GET FREE STANDARD SHIPPING ($25US/$35CN)
USE ABOVE CODE
Also, check out Vitamix soup recipes.