Ellagic acid is a powerful antioxidant found in berries. Strawberries and raspberries are found to have this antioxidant, which according to research is known to prevent certain types of cancer.
What are ellagic acid benefits? Here are some really amazing benefits of ellagic acid.
- It prevents cancer causing substances to bind with the DNA of the human body.
- Chemicals in the human body have the potential to cause dangerous mutations in bacteria and ellagic acid inhibits this ability of chemicals.
- Apoptosis, which is death of cancer cells, is possible and this is done without causing any harm to the healthy cells in the body. This has been found to be very beneficial in treating breast, lung, prostrate and skin cancers.
- It binds with the cancer causing elements in the human body and inactivates them.
- Helps in reduction of oxidative stress, which is extremely common in arthritis and coronary diseases.
- Makes the immune system strong and prevents infections and fatigue.
Ellagic acid cancer fighting properties have made it, extremely popular all over the world and new research has shown that it also helps combat, heart disease, stomach ulcers and reduces risk of birth defects and protects the liver.
It has also been found to keep diabetics under control by reducing glucose levels.
Cancer is the leading cause of death all over the world and ellagic acid benefits, have given doctors a tool to fight its growth, in an effective manner.